Friday, July 10, 2009

Volunteer(s) needed


I need a volunteer (or 2) to help me remove punture vine (goat heads) from the old elementary school property in Lyle. This multi-year project (get rid of that obnoxious vine, started about 3 years ago) has been successfull but there are mature plants down there that need to be pulled ASAP. Also, we need to do a site survey so the county or school can do some selective herbicide spraying down there next week. The more manual pulling/surveying we do, the less spray is needed. This old school property was completely infested a few years ago, so we have come a long way in managing this pest!


I'd like to do it early Sat AM (7/11). Call me if you want to help me for one hour of work. 509-365-6828...Lisa Conway.
Puncutre Vine (Tribulus terrestris) will flatten any and all bike and stroller tires, can be transported back home via car tires and is terrible to step on. Please help me fight this obnoxious creature!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Thanks Lisa for your determination!
I am out of town on Saturday, but I will try and get down there in the next few days to tackle a few of those noxious weeds.